Friday, November 9, 2012

Oct 28 candle

While I am planning a wedding I had the mental anguish over wedding favors.  We all get this stuff at weddings and really a lot of it is wasted or unnecessary.  I got hung up on it for a second trying to decide what to do without breaking the bank or making trash.  No one really needs a candle, or a shot glass or another coozie.  I was going to do lip balms from a favoriter crafter Mama Bath and Body here in Decatur.  I thought about match books with cute design.  magnets, pencils with funny sayings, etc.  Well, its mostly not needed and my friend pointed out that if anyone is going to get mad that they did not recieve a dollar trinket, do i really care if they are at my wedding?  I can put the money towards food and drink.  I can keep the budget within reason.  I can apply it to the honeymoon if i want.  Either way we won't end up with a bucket of pencils at the end of the night and a ton of matches.

This candle came from a wedding.  I have no idea who's.  It has been in the drawer for years.  So i lit it and burned it down and got rid of it.  Thanks whoever gave me that!

No comments:

Post a Comment