Thursday, July 19, 2012

July 14 through 19th- the pantry

So I have not caught any mice in my traps (yet).  And this is a picture heavy post.  I'm still battling the f-ing moths so i cleaned out the pantry.  Who knew so much crap could hide in there?  It isn;t that big but I got a whole garbage bag full of stuff.  I emptied dry goods into tupperware containers and then found a lot of areas with high moth concentrations:  graham crackers, saltines, oatmeals, etc.  All of those were trashed immediately by running throught the house and chucking them out the front door for a later cleanup.  Hey, I had to maximize my moth evictions so sometimes you have to run.

 Solo cups.  Never in this house have i seen these.  They are grimy and have moths in them.  gross.
 2 potato mashers.  Why were these in my pantry?  I have another one in the utensil drawer.  so many potatoes to mash. My coworker Ryan, the hoarder, gasped when i aid they were trashed so i pulled them out and put them in the box of broken metal crap for the dude who makes art with broken metal crap.
 Straws?  Why are these here?  These also have 10 years of grime on them because they got shoved behind the baking drawer.  Trash.  (Sorry Ryan)
 These are just old.  I can tell because i can read chinese and the package says "these are really old".
 Cookie cutters.  These went into the box of metal crap for the dude who makes metal art out of crap.  maybe one day i will say "wow, I wish I could cut some cookies" but most likely i will just continue to eat the raw cookie dough.
 This frosting has somehow busted.  It is glued to the bag it was on.  You can see from the picture (maybe) that i made Eyeball cupcakes.  It was August of 2009 when my old friend James was acting like an idiot.  He was trying to impress girls by popping the lids off beers with his lighter.  He shot a lid right into his eye and even had the pattern from the edge of the beer car ON HIS EYEBALL!  Well, thats how old this blue frosting was.  Oh, please notice that the eyeball cupcakes have beer caps shoved into them.
 What does one do with this?  It expired Feb of 2008.
 Malibu.  Its like PCB over here!  It is probably from an old roommate or possibly it made the move 12 years ago.  I gave it to Carrie next door. 
What does one do with this much Karo sysrup?  Well, I throw it away.  I've never used karo sysrup that i know of and I am confident that i can buy more if the need arises.

WHEW!  This one was a doozie! 

2 comments:

  1. Karo: pecan pie & bourbon balls both use it.
    James: what the heck ever happened to that guy?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katy, why would i ever make a pecan pie if i can just buy one? hahaha

      James is a junkie somewhere out in the world. or maybe he got his act together. i have no idea.

      Delete