Friday, June 8, 2012

Yard Sales

I have been trying to avoid yard sales and thrift stores.  Well, really any opportunity to spend money is avoided.  As you have seen I have a LOT of crap in my house (though most of it is scott's).  I also have everything in used form.  My couch, the table, chairs, coffee table, appliances...everything.  and not used like this is a cool antique.  Just busted old shit.  I think the bed is the only furniture item we bought new (and our asshole dog miyagi spent 6 months pissing on the side of it).  Well, I wish i could go get brand new stuff.  Everything from Crate and Barrel or CB2.  All of it.  But i can't.  See, a long long time ago credit cards were handed out like candy.  And i got some.  and for the most part i was responsible, but i 20 dollared myself to death.  And i went to Target- a LOT.  So now i must suffer.  20,000 total in credit card debt sucks my soul dry.  So i have to avoid buying things.  Any things.  I get no things.  None. 

Today, there was a huge ass yard/estate sale full of mid-century modern crap.  I say crap because i can't have it and yes, some was crap.  I saw lots of cool stuff but luckily it was priced like she knew exactly what she had.  But overall I found that going to the thrift store and yard sales makes me spend money on stuff i really don;t neeed.  I see tons of cool stuff but I can live without it.  Sure i could scoop up some of the awesome finds and sell them but really, who wants to waste their time for 5 extra bucks?  not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment